Thursday, May 30, 2013

Obedience - our gift to God

Last night I had to deal with an injustice done against myself.  I was trespassed against.  I was hurt yet the response from the person who hurt me was unempathic and uncompassionate.  I cried.  I was frustrated.  I felt how unjust it was that I was the victim yet the entire situation was turned around on me as if I was the trespassor.  The person who attacked me verbally and viciously with mean words and aggression, at that moment, didn't care how it made me feel.  I was trespassed against....and now here I sit knowing in my heart that I must forgive as Christ has forgiven me.  I have to understand that the person who attacked me was not really the person but a demonic spirit inside of them....my war was with the spiritual realm not with the person.

It sucks to know that and I'll tell you why.  Because I've been given the knowledge of this situation I'm the one to die to my flesh and seek the righteous path of forgiving even when forgiveness isn't asked.  I'm a professional at forgiving see because I get to practice this almost every day for one reason or another.  I do get tired and I do want "my turn", but you see I'm not allowed to.  So, today with my headache, my tired eyes from lack of sleep (and tears), I have to remember that I'm held accountable for what I know to be true and that's all God asks me to do.  Here is what I know to be true if I want to experience the miracle on the other side of this horrible event.

1.  I must forgive and do the right thing no matter the wrong done to me.
2.  I must ask God for His direction.
3.  I must pull myself together for my family because God is with me and cares about my family.
4.  I must repeat scripture over the repeating torments of the evil words spoken over me.
5.  I must face the truth that people may never repent and I need to forgive no matter what.
6.  I must face the truth of how I contributed to this event
7.  I must understand that Victory is already mine through Christ Jesus and I don't have to be afraid.
8.  I must let it go and trust God and stop trying to understand
9.  I must not give up with knowing that I deserve to be talked to with respect, honor and compassion.
10.  I must stand up for myself and righteousness at all costs....not to be silenced out of fear.
11.  I must remember the love that fills my heart comes from the one who gave me my heart.

Pray for me, pray for my family.   I am held accountable at this very moment for what's going through MY head and MY thoughts so I take every thought captive under the obedience of Jesus Christ.  I must do the right thing inspite of the wrong done to me.  I must be righteous and obedient because I want to please God more than I want to please others.  I will remember there is evil in the world who sets out like a lion seeking to destroy and devour all that is good and righteous.  I plead the blood of Jesus and I bind all spirits and weapons formed against me to not prosper, in Jesus Name. amen.

The bottom line - even if I don't feel like forgiving, I must.  My feelings will catch up to me.  I also need to establish clear boundaries and stay in the truth at all times never wavering or getting weary for standing up for what's right - even if what's right is the way you are treating me and my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment